Saturday, April 20, 2019

#81 April 14-19, 2019

Dear Family

How are you learning to love all people you associate with?
That is a tough first question! I guess I just keep thinking that I have to give it my best because I don't have that much time left and I have to try to do what I can before it's over.

What did you do for Easter?
We had a really good program with lots of good singing I guess. Then some cool stuff they did with the primary, then we went to the bishop's house and had lunch and then we hid some eggs for the kids. Then we went to the Padilla family and ate with them and talked football, then we went to the Barrones - they are really cool and we ate with them too. We had some good food with them in their barn so it was nice to have that. Then we had to drive to Espanolla.

What was the best part of your week?
It was going to a farmer's house and working a bit on the ranch. IT was really fun. I trimmed a few horses and banded a few sheep so that was really nice. 

What was the hardest part of your week?
The hardest part was dealing with a few people that did not want anything to do with us and boy, it made my blood boil, so I had to kinda cool off a little.

I am glad you had a good week. Easter sounds good,but the weather not so much. I need some of that  because all I have seen is sun. It is kinda bad but I am a little sick of it! Thanks for looking into the college thing.I will think about it. Yes, those pants you sent fit fine and I don't really need anything right now, but if I do I'll let you know. Thanks Mom.

My week:
Monday we went on a little hike. Well, not little, it was pretty fun. I can say that I hate hikes because I'm usually the guy that is usually on the horse looking at the hikers, but luckily I did not see any horse riders, but we looked at some cool stuff. I'll send pictures.

Tuesday we helped a guy move a ton of his junk around. He is having a major yard sale, and he has a pile of stuff; it would scare you to death! But then we ate dinner with Julia. She is a sweet old lady. Then we went to ward council and that one needs some work; the missionary work is rough, but we work with what we have.

Wednesday we helped at this place called the giving tree. We have made a pretty good deal there. We have worked on their downstairs a lot, and now it really looks cool. Then we contacted a few less actives and now I get to hopefully get in a little more service there. Then we ate dinner and we went to a less active family and It bugs me because they have it all right in their laps, and they choose not to have it, so I really have to bite my tongue.

Thursday we had our weekly planning, did giving tree stuff, had a lesson with a less active member, and then we went out to a lady and helped her on her ranch. That was really fun. I hope she calls us to brand with her. I have done that in almost all of my areas, so that is good. That took up most of the night, but boy, it felt good to work. 

Friday we had district council. Not too exciting except it was Good Friday. Yikes, that was weird. All the places were shut down and there were a ton of low rider Mexican cars around. Not my taste, but there were a bunch of jacked up trucks that balanced it out, so it was ok. Then we went on the bus back and I'll tell you what... that was a deal. There were a bunch of drunk people that we had to keep our distance and they were kinda messing with us and boy, I was about to tear into them on that bus, but I walked away surprisingly. That did make me think of Jesus when how he  did that and he had guts... a lot of em. Then we got off and went back  and had dinner. 

Saturday we had a big day of finding and there were a lot of "no's" going around that is for sure, but for the most part, we got a lot that said we could back, so that was nice. Then that pretty much ate our day, but we had to make our own dinner. We made some breakfast burritos, so that was really good. 

So that was my week. I hope this one goes good for everybody.

Love, Elder Reiley

No comments:

Post a Comment