Saturday, May 4, 2019

#83 April 28-May 4, 2019

Dear Family

What is the Albuquerque New Mexico mission getting from you? (Not what are you getting from serving a mission there)
Albuquerque is getting to know that missionaries are normal people. The people I've come into contact with have had bad experiences in the past and think we are robots, so I tell them that we are normal and do stuff just like everyone else and that usually opens the door a lot more than just being a robot. So I build friendships and get missionaries in the door for the next time.

What do you want to do for Mother's Day next Sunday? Can we Facetime like we have done in the past?
So for Mother's Day I am ok with doing Facetime. I'll get the time in the week and ask what we can do. Let's just do what we did last year, just like a regular ol deal, so keep your phone handy this week and I"ll let you know at what time we can do it and all. 

Ya, with the mission winding down, it still feels like forever, but who knows, they say it goes by fast. Yes, I agree to not waste any time for sure. I try not to think about how much time I have left, but I know it's there. It sounds like you had a really good week and thanks for all that. It sounds like even with baseball over people still had a good attitude, so that is good. I will deep everyone in my prayers, so I hope that it all goes good.

So my week:
Monday - We had a good time. It was the last p-day before transfers, so we went tot eh church and played some basketball, and then we went to a canyon and we played an air soft war. That was really fun, we were out in the trees and everything. Then we came back and had a really good dinner with the Barones.

Tuesday - We went by just about everyone and had to say goodbye so that was brutal for Elder Nightengale. Then we went to Julia's. She is an awesome lady and then we went to the zone leaders and stayed the night. We had a good time we had a brutal game of monopoly so it was good way to go out.

Wednesday - We drove all the way down to Albuquerque for transfers. Mine was coming up from El Paso so we had to wait forever. I was with a couple of missionaries for the day, so it was pretty good. I got to see some good friends so it was fun. Then once he showed up, we rove all the ways back to Taos. That was a heck of a drive. 

Thursday - We had a few people we tried to contact and we had to do our weekly planning. So that was brutal. Today was kinda slow. 

Friday - We had zone council. Some missionaries can get on my nerves really quick and I'll leave it at that. So it was long then we had to stay with some elders we just tracted and I got to look over some deer so it was ok. Then we played some hockey in the evening. Man, I'm going to lie, it is actually really fun. We destroyed.

Saturday - We drove with the zone leaders down to Albuquerque. It was good because Elder Gong came to visit the mission so that was cool. WE were the last ones there, so we had to sit in the front row, so I was like a foot away from him the whole time, so it was cool. Then we drove back to the area and we had a pretty good dinner. There are people up here that work at the labs and they are really smart like the words they say are not ever even heard of before. So that was interesting.

Sunday we had stake conference. So that was good. There was about 1000000 people there, but Elder Gay from the 70's was there and gave a really good talk, so that was really good to have, then we drove back, got a few people to come back later. Then we had a little service; we did it and it was good because we got to weed a flower bed. As much as I don't like that I would kill for that out here in the mission so that was great. Then we had a really good dinner at Diego's he is an awesome guy. I love his family. 

I love you all and I hope you have a good week.

Love, Elder Reiley
That was about it for my week. I'll need a little help this week because of my companion. I don't know about him so send a few prayers this week. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment