Saturday, May 18, 2019

#85 May 12-18, 2019

Dear Family,

What do you think you are getting out of serving a mission?
What I am getting out of my mission is how Heavenly Father wants me to live my life and see what I need to do to be an example. 

How do you feel about prayer? Do you feel like your prayers are answered? can you think of any experiences about prayer? Could you survive a mission without prayer?
Prayer is so real and you need to have it. Yes, I really do feel like my prayers get answered. Ya, there was a rough day I was having and we had nothing planned. Al the people had fallen through so I JUST SAID A PRAYER to get something to come up and then a lady called us and we ended up doing service for her for exactly the time we needed to fill up. No you could not sruvive without prayer at all. 

It sounds like a pretty good week. Ya, I could use a little cold down here for sure. They say it is supposed to snow 1 more time before summer hits, so I hope it comes. but ya, it sounds like it is all good up there and hopefully will stay good for everyone.

My Week:
Monday - we went down to Santa Fe and had to wait for like an hour to get into the church so I climbed a tree and found a comfy spot and I actually fell asleep for like 45 minutes. It was weird. But then we got to play some good basketball and that was really nice. I only lost 1 game; it was super fun. Then we came back and we had a good dinner and called it.

Tuesday - So today we found a couple of new people to teach. I can't say how promising they are, but we at least we have someone. Then I got to play ball again in a hockey rink with some kids. Ya, that was a first, but it was still pretty fun. Then we had dinner at Grandma's that is what all the missionaries call her because she is, literally. It is nice. 

Wednesday - So we found a new guy today and that was really nice because we are getting some practice teaching, so that is good. It has been awhile. Then we had a good lesson with Drew. He is a fly tier and we get along really good. Then we moved a bunch of wood for Diego and that was really nice. Boy, if you have some good hard work for me to do when I get home, I'm ready for it. It actually felt really good. I'll send a few pictures.

Thursday - Well today I was in Los Alomos. It was really nice. We had exchanges and I was with my Idaho buddy. We had a good time. We mowed a huge yard and it reminded me of the Coburns! But it was pretty good. Then I almost tackled a deer. I snuck up behind it and I jumped up right before I jumbed at it, heck it was pretty funny. Then we had a pretty good dinner with some members and we got to talk about hunting, so I was pumped for that. Then we got to play a little basketball with the ward, so that was really fun. We almost hit an elk on the way back.

Friday - So today we had a big ol' zone meeting deal and it was not too bad. We had interviews with the Guffeys - the last one I am going to have with him. Then we had to go get some stuff for our zone council, so I hope it goes good. Then we drove back and we had dinner with the Mitchels. I'll tell you, these guys have such a good piece of land. There are elk running around everywhere and he said that when I get back, I can hunt a little bit, so I am stoked about that.

Saturday - So today was kinda slow, but we met with a few of our new people and had a couple of good lessons, so that was nice. The JWs are getting in the way of our people so we are going to mud stomp them. But, then we had a good time at dinner at the Cruzes place. They are really nice. She is hard core Mexican, but we get along good. They are really nice. 

Sunday - Church was pretty good. We talked to a guy for the second hour and it was pretty cool. He can sure talk, but it was pretty funny. He was in the Navy and he had some stories that were funny. Then we had lunch with the bishop and that was really good. Then we had to run over to dinner and had frito pies and I'll tell you, it was super good. Then I watched a mean chess game with Reynolds and Brother Padilla. It was great. I can play chess now - rough, but still...

So it was a good week. Hopefully you all have another good one too. Love you all.




Elder Reiley



No comments:

Post a Comment