Saturday, May 25, 2019

#86 May 19-26, 2019

Dear Family,

Thanks for the information about the boxes and stuff. That helps a lot. I don't know if I can gbet to Albuquerque, but something might come up. And it sounds like a good week... just short and simple, just the way I like it.

Why are you happy?
I am happy because I have a lot of people up here that know me already and I am really getting to know the area.

What did you like about this past week?
I loved when we went out to a place called angel fire and we chopped wood for a guy and then drove home and saw deer and elk almost everywhere I looked. That was a bonus... I'll send a few pictures.

Monday - It was just laid back. We played some basketball and then we ate lunch and played some more basketball. But then we stayed over at the zone leaders for Tuesday and we ate dinner at a member's family and I was sitting on one of their chairs that was up there, like a stool kind of, and the whole thing just broke and I was sent down right in front of everyone. I was fine, but man, itwas one of those moments where I wanted to just disappear!

Tuesday - We had zone conference, the last one with President and Sister Guffey. It was pretty good. I mad a sweet paper deal for them. Everyone had to so... And it was just kind of an all around good experience, so that was nice. Then we drove all the way back and had dinner at grandmas and that was fun too.

Wednesday - We went back to grandmas and we moved some wood for her. Then we had a lesson with an investigator, and then we did a little family history and that was nice because it showed me on Google maps where some of our family was buried at the Cache Clawson cemetery. Then it was nice because I took a little tour around the valley. Then we went and had a nice time on the pueblo with a native family and that was really fun too.

Thursday - Well, we did our regular service at the Giving Tree. That was pretty easy. Then we gave a blessing at the hospital and had another lesson at the library. Then we drove up to angel fire and we chopped some wood for a couple of hours. Not just any wood... it was a tree that had fallen down and he logged it, so these deals were big and they were not easy to split, that's for sure. I am still pretty sore. But then he took us out and we looked over a heck of a view. Out of all the places I have served, this one is the closest thing that looks like home. Then he fed us a steak dinner and man, it was a great day. Oh ya, then in the evening we went to a softball game. We were invited to and that was really fun too. We were watching and it was really nice to see that. It was an adult league, with the guys, so it was fun to watch.

Friday - We helped a guy haul his spare tire to his house and then we had a little more service to do for the Giving Tree. Then we had some dinner and we cooked some hot dogs at our place, so that felt nice too. Then we finished up with some weekly planning.

Saturday - So today was a beast because we went to a girl's (in our ward) graduation. It was a great finding opportunity, so we were there setting up, and then we talked to a ton of people, so it was ok. Then we ate dinner and did a little bit of finding, so I can't complain about that day.

Sunday - We went to a branch out in the middle of nowhere. It was awesome because almost everyone there was a farmer and had to get their work done before church. Everyone knows everyone and it is my kind of place. So that was really nice, then we drove back and we got to have lunch with the bishop, and then we were supposed to have a dinner, but that fell through so we ended up going back and cooking some dogs on the grill, so it was a pretty good day.

But that is about it for my week. So I hope this next one goes good for you all too. Love you.

Elder Reiley







No comments:

Post a Comment