Saturday, June 22, 2019

#90 June 16-22, 2019

Dear Family,

It sounds like a good week. Fishing, and horse riding and  some basketball in there too, that is super cool. And man, Ginger is a mom. Dang, I'm so happy. Thanks for the update on everyone getting married and mission calls. I can't believe Doug and his family are getting home. I guess he left the same time as President Guffey, because he goes home on like Thursday.

What is the best scripture in the book of Mormon right now?
I would say Helaman 5:12. Having a firm foundation in Christ as the time gets worse and worse will help us. I don't know about the best one, they are all good.

What have you learned this week?
I have learned that I need to stay in the game because this bike deal is a killer and it takes a lot out of me.

We are getting around pretty good, and the ward is pretty good. Getting to know a few people, the dinners are good one week and not so good the next. The bike is running good, and ya, we walk a good amount. That's ok; its all good for sure.

My Week:
Monday was kind of a bust. We went shopping and then emailed. Then nobody showed up to play basketball, so I played by myself for awhile. It was brutal, I guess the ones in the city aren't the best.

Tuesday we biked all day trying to find people, but people drop like flies and don't answer their doors, but we did have a pretty good dinner and then it was a cool night... for Albuquerque that is.

Wednesday was almost the same thing as Tuesday. We just biked and talked to random people that are not the most interested and I did try my first mango. It was really good. Then we had dinner at the Kings and that was good stuff. Then we just did a little bit of biking and knocking doors.

Thursday We did some weekly planning and then we went to a park and found some people so it was really good to have that. Then we went to a sweet dinner and had a great dinner with the Apodaca family and had a good lesson there. So it was a good day. 

Friday we went to District Council and it was ok. But then we bounced around a few parks and didn't have the greatest success. But then we had dinner with a guy that came down and took us to a Mexican restaurant and I got a hamburger, so they were like... wow. But it was fun. Then we went to the Lesters and had a really nice lesson with them too so it make me happy. 

Saturday We just took a long tour around the place and just ran into a few people. Well, it was a real dead day. But we had a good dinner and then it sprinkled a bit, so it was nice.

Sunday we went to church then tried a bunch of people and ended up having waffles for dinner with the Klinglers and he said he knows Bryce, so that was cool. We went to a park and that was fun.

So that was my week, not a lot of big stuff, but it was still good.

Love you all, and have a great week.

Elder Reiley

Hansen-Albuquerque 


No comments:

Post a Comment