Saturday, July 6, 2019

#92 June 30-July 6, 2019

Dear Family,
It was a pretty good week!! crazy but good, 

What is your new mission president's name and what are 3 things you like about him?
So my new mission president's name is President Weathersby. He is from Arizona. 1 would be he is a big time ranching cowboy!!! 2 he has a testimony that would bring any non member to the church, 3 he has the lowest cowboy voice and cowboy like ways that really makes me look up  to him. 

Do you have any investigators?
Well we had a couple of them but now we don't, so we are back to finding new ones. 

What is one thing you did before your mission that has made things easier/better?
Knowing how to put my head down grit my teeth no matter what and keep moving moving forward not becoming standard always  moving forward!

If you could pick three things that make you have a great day on the mission, what would they be?
1 branding cows, 2 having a very powerful and spiritual lesson with someone I'm really close too, 3 having an awesome dinner with some really chill members. 

Dang that is a crazy deal!! (referring to the horses being out and the fire alarms going off) man I can't believe that. Ya you are right. I don't think that happens just by happen stance. Dang that is a heck of a night for sure!! 

So For the package could you throw in a  light rain jacket? I got some pants out here but I need a jacket and I'm totally good on the rest, but thank you so much. For other stuff  could you possibly send me another pair of wranglers mine are biting the dust. And hey Could you also send my rope back? President wants to do a little roping and I have to break it in anyways its the blue one I sent home and some red contact solution and then I should be pretty good other than that I think I will be ok. Thanks so much mom. 
 
It sounds like the week was not too bad other than the sickness for sure that's no fun at all. but I'm glad that everyone had a really good week sounds pretty good. 

My week. 
Mon. same deal. We shopped went to the church and joined some kids playing ball. But then we had a good dinner and did a little more finding. 

Tues. So we went  down south of our area and had a couple of  appointments. Ya they fell through so we ended up knocking doors for like 3 hours and found 0. We did find one lady that was a R lds and she knew her background and she tried to shut down our testimonies and we didn't like that so we kinda spoke what was on our minds and she didn't like that so then it was all over and we aren't going back there. Then went up north and still nobody. We went to dinner with the golf coach he is pretty cool; then we had to ride home in the dark in Albuquerque. Ya it was interesting but we made it ok. 

Wed. Replay what happened yesterday we did a little finding not much luck had a couple people that we saw in the windows tell their kids to be quiet. Haha it reminded me off of Mobsters and Mormons were George says, "...meanwhile all of us are inside trying not to make a freaking noise so you think we're not home and go away." We totally had that happen to us!! Then we ate dinner with the bishop and his family, then we tried a little more finding!! 

Thurs. Now this is the day I was waiting for. Boy we had a really good BBQ with a few members that are so funny my stomach hurt, we ate some brisket and ribs oh man that was amazing, then we got to look over his neighbor's brand new Corvette. Man that is a rich man's car, holy cow that thing is nice. Then we came back went to another dinner at a Samoan house. I'll tell you what, that was a mistake!!! She packed us with food and it's a insult if you don't eat it. We were looking at each other like oh we are in trouble. But then the family goes out and plays wiffle ball and you can imagine me there. It was competitive and I roped a couple homers over the fence so that was really fun. We went with the Panyes to go see some fireworks and that was cool. We walked around cause there was a million people there and we went to the army recruiter deal; we did the pullup challenge and I tied a big ol' Aisian guy with 28. Then we went in the trailer to look at some new stuff so we did that and not being smart put on some body army vests and the guy was like ok now lets make soldiers out of you so he got a stool out and I had a 45 pound pack on and had to do a 100 squats in 2 minutes. Man it was a beast; I got like 70 something and so we went  outside and was hurting, but boy it was a great memory. Then got to watch a little fireworks and and come home it was super good. 

Fri. We had district council, meet the president meeting.  That was cool; he's s a team roper so we got to see a little bit of that. Then went out and tracted all day and got nothing holy cow it was a bust in the head that not one door we knocked on wanted it. But we ate dinner and then, went by a few members for visits. 

Sat. We tried finding a few people and then we did a little area book work and went to a sweet old lady named Joy she's 90 and just loves the missionaries so that was really fun. Then Toloni and Jason from the rez came down and took us to dinner at 5 star burger; they are really awesome I love them. Then we had to avoid a big storm so that was nice to see a little rain for once. 

Sun. We had church then we had some studies and then some more finding and we did have a sweet dinner with the Klinglers that was really fun too. they are super cool. Then we tried biking and that was rough. We got caught in  a storm and was just trying to bust home and we got soaked. It was rough, but we had a pretty good time then some guy gave us a ride back home and he was a super nice guy. 

But that was it for my week it was a little longer, sorry about that but I hope this next week is a good one for you all. 

Elder Reiley    

No comments:

Post a Comment