Saturday, August 10, 2019

#97 August 4-10, 2019

Dear Family,

Name 5 (or more) adjectives that describe the mission experience for you:
1, Memorable  2, Brutal 3, Exciting 4, Changing 5, Grit 

If someone asked you to tell them what matters the most in their lives, what would you tell them?
I would say my family. No matter what any of us do we have some place to call home and someone to call family

What motivates you to keep working?
This is it, no going back, no erasing and starting over, once it's done it's done forever. 

Yep the wedding is done and over now, so that's good. I liked the deal of how it went. It all sounds like everyone had a great time up there, and its ok that I was not there... believe me, I was happy just looking it over from where I was at. Too many people! ;) 

Yes I did get the package thanks so much mom!! 

Yep stay with it till the last shot is fired! (in reference to my comment about always staying close to his brothers) 

My week. 

Mon. Not much other than play a little soccer. Boy that was pretty fun. I haven't played it in a while so I got a heck of a good workout. Then we ate dinner with Payens they are pretty cool. It was pretty good. 

Tues. Oh boy today was nice. Me and Elder Tanner got to build a railing for a lady that we finished and I'll tell ya when you put 2 rednecks together you can accomplish just about anything and have it look pretty good; she loved it so I was happy! Then we stopped by a few people and that was not too bad, then we had a dinner with the Shingls haha man that was interesting for sure. Their sister was there and real big into some big computer game had the t shirt and everything so I just tried to avoid eye contact so she wouldn't ask me any questions. Then it rained so we had a good time biking in the rain which felt dang good. 

Wed. We got to help the sisters move apartments and all I could think about was on Gilligan's island where Skipper Professor and men are doing the stuff for the girls and it has to be just right and perfect no matter how heavy the dang thing is!!!! We had  dinner, and then a lesson with the Lesters and they are natives and it was pretty good to talk a little with them again. 

Thurs. We did the regular service at the food place and then got a little lunch and then interviews with President. It was great cause ours was like 5 minutes because we did all the important stuff then just bashed on each others truck brands!! haha He is so cool I like this mission president a lot. Then we got to go to dinner; we got money so we went to the one and only 5 guys!!! Boy it has been a while since I have been to that place, but man it sure hit the spot! Then had a really nice lesson in the bishop's house and felt the spirit really a lot. 

Fri. I don't even need to explain district council!! But we ate lunch then we had a lot of stuff fall through so we just knocked a couple of doors and then had our ward pot luck it was good too. We played a little volley ball with people that can't really play volleyball so it was fun and not at the same time. Then it down poured and that was a beast, but I was so happy to see the rain I loved it!!! 

Sat. Well we started by getting a call for a lot of canceled appointments so that was a beast for sure. I hate that because then you have to change the whole day but we made it work. Then had pizza with some members and that was pretty good. We shared a good lesson with them and then we biked back in the dark but it was actually pretty dang fun!! 

Sun. Church well think of a normal ward then put a little New Mexican culture into it and you have quite the sacrament meeting. It reminds me so much of the Singles Ward movie!!! Then we came back and we got to have a lot of finding to do and didn't really get a lot so we are going to have to think of some different ways to get some people to listen!!!  But we did have dinner at the Summers and were in the middle of a dog fight with like 15 humming birds!! It was a pretty good day. 

So that is my week not a lot happened but I'll take it. I hope you all have a great week too.

Elder Reiley 

No comments:

Post a Comment