Saturday, September 7, 2019

#101 September 1-7, 2019

Family,

What do you think it means to be humble? When do you think you feel the most humble while serving a mission?
Being humble in my opinion is loving those around you no matter if they are your enemies or not. I feel that when I get rejected on a door step or something thrown at me on my bike, I've got to grit my teeth and let it go. 

What is a hymn or primary song that you like? 
I like the song Nearer My God to Thee

What was something that brought you happiness this week? 
Happiness was I got to go fishing!! I'll explain a little more in the week. 

The week sounds pretty dang good, I'm glad that y'all had fun and even though school is back up and going it feels like that went by very fast for me. 

my week. 
Mon. this Monday was kinda slow we didn't do much and we got to play a little basketball and just kick back for a little so it was just kinda laid back! 

Tues. We had a really good work out in the morning and then we went to a few people to stop by. That was not too bad at all we shared a few lessons and we felt the spirit so that was a good boost. Then we went on splits and then had another lesson about the Book of Mormon with a native family so that was really nice to have. Oh and we ate at this Chinese place and I'll tell ya don't eat that food in New Mexico there is a reason they are famous for just Mexican food!!

Wed. I had to do a ton of this stuff called my plan and yikes this stuff is not my favorite because they want you to stay focused on the mission but at the same time they ask you what school you going to what job you want what girls you want to date good grief there next gonna ask for my dang social security and credit card numbers!!  Anyways not the best but I got it out of the road. Then did a little more finding on the bikes it was ok but ya know;). But we had a pretty good dinner so that was kinda  a lift up for sure. 

Thurs. Oh man this day was fun!! we did the same ol thing at the food bank. ok little story here,  but then we got a call from a member that he wanted some fish out of his fish pond. SO we got a ride down there and his pond is tiny I mean no bigger than a average room, but they weren't home and had a couple of nets there and just some fish food. I'll tell ya these little guys were smart and knew exactly what was going on, so we played the game for a bit never caught a fish. It ran across our minds to just throw a stick of dynamite in there and see who's the farthest away, but we went into there garage and found some of the oldest fishing rods you could and hooks. So you put 2 red necks together and get everything laid out. We smacked em!! We ended up catching like 40 of them and when he got home he saw what we did and just laughed and walked inside so that was a really fun time!   

Fri. well we had a little district council again and it was not to bad. Then we had a heck of a time finding this area let me tell ya it isn't the best or maybe we are just in a dead spot. But then we went to a  bbq that was really good, and then we had a really funny dinner with the Luceros. We laughed so hard, just cause it was a long day and every little  thing was funny. But it ended good so we loved it. 

Sat. We had interviews with our president and he totally called me out for some of the my plan stuff, but it was ok. Then we had to get a bible delivered  in someplace that we have never even been. It was kinda sketchy, but we ended up giving a few blessings cause they were long lost members so that was kinda cool. Then we ate dinner with the bishop and his family, then came back and knocked a few close doors around our apartments. 

Sun. Had church and some really good talks. They were Navajo and they tied in the Book of Mormon really to their ancestors. I thought it was awesome and I need him to come and speak to the people out on the rez!! But then we went with one of the priests to go do the sacrament that was really good too. Then we had a really good dinner Texas tacos, just use your imagination.   Then had a little meeting with the ward mission leader so it was all pretty good. 

Well that's it for my week only a few left, but hope y'all have another good week. 

Elder Reiley 





No comments:

Post a Comment