Saturday, September 28, 2019

#104 September 22-28, 2019

Family,

Snow on the ground!!! that's so awesome in a way just because I haven't seen it in so long!! but the week does sound a lot like the same deal so that's pretty stinking cool! 

Questions for you: (this will take some time, so think about it this week, write some notes and answer it next week...)

What are the top 20 (or more or fewer) things you have learned by serving a mission?

How has serving a mission changed you?

OK,  I'lll take that question and do that. I remember when I was at my year mark we did the same thing.  

My week. 
Mon. So I went with Elder Mortenson and may is a big dirt biker so he asked us if we wanted to go on  a mountain bike ride. We had a blast holy cow a pedal bike is 10 times harder then a dirt bike but still at the same time it was a riot. Then we drove to the top of the Sandia and looked stuff over there and then went to a couple shops so it was a pretty cool p day.

Tues. we just did our best on this day. There was not not a ton of stuff going on so we tried going with some other members and finding with them. Then we ate a little make shift lunch:). Then we had a awesome dinner it was the guys birthday and we had a really good time there. Then we went on splits and had a really good lesson with a less active native family! 

Wed. So we got invited to lunch at 5 Guys and you know i'm not going to pass that up!! So we had a dinner with a lady and she was talking about getting her kids signed up for seminary. So we had a really good deal with her. Then we did some more finding, had another lesson with the African family... thank goodness no brutal stuff there! I had another dang good dinner and ended with a couple of stop byes. 

Thurs. We started by going to that dad gum food bank and just trying to help so it was ok, a lot of moldy food so that was not the best!!  Then we went to the Padillas and we helped cover up all the different pipes he had uncovered! 
Then came home got all cleaned up and did some more tracting. Then had another good dinner, it was her first time making Texas chili and corn bread but she did a dang good job. then had a good lesson with the Garcia family. 

Fri. Oh man today was my very last zone conference I will have in the mission, it was super weird to have.  It was all the same till it came to my departing testimony. I can tell that I still, out of all the talks I have had to do on the spot, I still do not liking talking in front of people, But I guess it went ok. That took all day. so we ate dinner then we had a couple of really good stop byes with a member that had some pretty dang good contacts. 

Sat. right when we got done with our work out we got volunteered to go help someone move so we didn't even change!! but that's alright cause it was not too hard. You become a professional mover on your mission. ( But don't get any ideas). Yhen we had a good meeting with the stake president and then we went and worked in some other elders area for the day! it was so funny - so me and Elder Shepherd went to this Mexicans house  Ronald. and talked about hunting for a while then a couple of his buddies showed up. Oh man Ronald had a bright Idea to move a piano at 8;30 with 3 drunk Mexicans. Man it was hilarious. This piano was heavy but we could have lifted it and been fine but boy they came up with some crazy ideas! haha I had the piano on the trailer and was moving it off slowly and one of the guys was on the other side and boy I guess i moved it to fast cause I plowed him right over!! and he was just panicked that I was drop the whole thing on him, I was laughing so hard, it was way to funny!! 

Sun. So Isa came to church that was a boost for us, had the new youth deal that went on, and then ate lunch and our dinner called us and said they wanted to do it now so we had to force down a little early dinner right after lunch, but turns out they want to move right to Tetonia and I said you know it snowed there the other day, and they both kinda panicked!! haha oh it was funny! Then we really hit it hard and went  finding and it paid off because we found 1 new guy to teach so that was really good!! 

Anyways that's my week not to bad the next one might be my last one so I hope this next one goes really good for yall. Love ya 

Elder Reiley


The mountain bike ride!! And the view and then the bad wreck with a little cactus mixed in to it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment